What You Need to Know about ATM/Debit Card Overdraft Services
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft privileges. To learn more, ask us about your options.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that may come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions, unless you ask us to.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions: for example, (Point of Sale (POS) transactions)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Classic Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30.00 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is a limit of seven total overdraft fees per day that we will charge you for overdrawing your account
What if I want Classic Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 800-789-6461 or your local branch, access our website link at www.classic.bank, or send an email to [email protected] or complete the form below and either present it at any of our branch locations or mail it to Classic Bank, P.O Box 835 Cameron, TX 76520.